Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Well, It works.

I was thinking about the posts people had made about procrastination. Now I'm possibly one of the worlds worst procrastinators myself, the internet being my main tool of distraction. However sometimes having a short attention span pays off. I was recently participating in an online marketing "game" type of a thing for the most recent Bourne movie, The Bourne Ultimatum. Now it involved going to different websites solving clues etc. At some points it got really challenging. I had forgotten about this until a few weeks ago when I received a phone call from a woman named Kelly for a company called Performance Australia.

Now I had a particularly bad hangover on this day, and this phone call was not expected. The conversation went along these lines:

"Hello?"
"Hello, my name is Kelly from Performance Australia, is Sam there?"
"Yeah, Thats me...."
"Oh, hello, I'm sure somebody's already contacted you about your prize but...."
"Ah... No...."
"Well you did that Bourne Ultimatum thing right?"
"Yeah..."
At This point I was thinking, sweet, I've won me a DVD or something (there was about 500 up as prizes for participating).

"Okay, well you've actually won a trip to New York.."
(I drop the phone, and pick it up again)
"Really?!"
"Yep"
"Awesome!!!!!!!"

Etc. etc. etc.

Moral of the story? Procrastinate my friends, because in my case procrastination = free world travel, accommodation, insurance and transfers.

Btw, If you ever need to get rid of a particularly awful hangover, this is without a doubt the best way to do it. Without a doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home