Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blogging and Technological changes.

Today I had a taste of technology. I went for a job interview only to be told that it would be a teleconference with people in Melbourne. My first thought when I went into the office and realised this was "here's something to blog about for 203". I know its going to sound really weird but it was more nerve wrecking than a face to face interview and it just felt so impersonal. I think technology is definitely going too far. On the other side though, it was good because they couldn't see my nervous gestures (which as you can imagine were quite high because going into an interview and then being told that you're going to be interviewed by two people in Melbourne with a note taker in the room) and it didn't matter what I looked like. They do say though that communication is 70% body language and so therefore the communication was reduced.

Alan I completely agree with your post about having a file open (hell I have one open right now saying "semester 2 - 2007" and it feels like I may do some work eventually - though I am now but unlike you I have no essays to write) and procrastinating through the internet. I do it all the time, but it teaches us. I would say that my writing skills have improved a great deal through the use of the internet and I'm sure the same could be said for other people.

Damn this paper, I'm really starting to enjoy the blog and it gives me a justifiable excuse for it. Earlier today I read Perez Hilton's website and I thought it was so trashy but about 10 pages later I was still in the website still reading. It is very easy to get caught up in things on the net and keep reading. And on that note I am heading to wikipedia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home