Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wikipedia and Mac vs. PC

Oh my god, I totally agree with the post about Wiki being a great source of info. I have spent many hours on wikipedia before going from article to article, so much easier than having an actual encyclopedia where you have to go from page to page and find the article you are searching for. I love the way Wiki can be edited by anyone, anywhere at any time. It certainally makes info a lot more relevant and up to date.

Yes, Mac is different to PC. The desk top lay out and other programmes. It's weird though coz today my computer seems to be running a lot faster and better but I'm still fearful it will die on me. I use it first thing in the morning and right before I go to bed, who am I kidding? I use it in bed. I did change the security settings yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it and I won't be downloading from any sites that haven't got the security certificate.

Has anyone else had problems on this blog with posts not being able to be posted if they are not saved? Its so weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger James B said...

The problem with wikipedia is that anyone can edit content. Obviously this can lead to serious problems with accuracy. However, unless you already no about it, people are of course ignorant that theyre taking in crap info.

October 11, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home