Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mobiles and Myspace etc

This blog is really in response to some of the blogs that other people have made today in relation to both mobiles and online networking sites.

Personally I'm a recovered blogger and myspacer. A few years ago before it was all the rage I had bought my own domain and was going to set up my own online magazine (which failed because my heart just wasn't in it) and I posted on around 20 forums while having several blogs which I would blog on daily if not several times a day. I don't understand why though. I don't understand people doing it so much these days. I know what you're thinking, "but you used to do it all the time". I did, and it interfered with my life, not just online but offline as well and affected my social life in a really negative way. I gradually saw the light and stopped posting.

I wonder if they will set up a bloggers anonymous or something. I just don't understand why people would want to post details about their lives to strangers. It seems utterly pointless to me and yet I used to do it, before the craze kicked in. It's kind of weird to think of it.

I would definitely say that my life is better now that I don't have an online presence.

The notion that our blogs could be passed on in our will is a ridiculous one. I mean it is plausible that someone would want the blog of someone deceased, but for what reason? I mean you can access most of the entries by simply going to their page so why the hell would you want to own someone's blog. It's almost as ridiculous as the idea of buying pixels online or buying fake money in an online game.

Mobiles, mobiles mobiles? I agree that people used to get by without having mobile technology a few years ago, but I disagree with the statement that mobiles give people a chance to monitor us. They only do if you let them. Most mobiles have a lock function and you can delete messages you don't want people to read and also if you are having a conversation you want to keep private then texting is the way to go. In a way they have given us more privacy. it just depends on how you look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home