Sunday, September 9, 2007

Late discovery of youtube for a reluctant web media user.

This is my first blog entry ever. I don’t normally feel as though I should make a comment or an entry to blogs as I don’t usually read through them. The only time I seek out blogs would be if I needed advice or instructions on a particular topic, usually with regards to technology. I find blogs very uncomfortable as I do not feel as though I need to share my opinion about anything in particular as it is probably already assumed or known by others.
I have recently discovered that I actually do have a use for the site, youtube.com. It’s a wonderful portal for learning, videos that give you a step-by-step guide to picking up new hobbies or learning how to use software. I decided to fill my time off by creating an artwork through stencilling. Although I had an inkling of how to create a stencil, I found myself very confused and in need of some advice. My technology savvy younger sister told me to seek out "how to" guides on stencilling on youtube and it has transformed my life. I am now constantly on youtube, learning new crafts, learning how to use software at an advanced level, and the like. I use to spend as little time as possible when I was online, I didn’t normally engage or find an interest for these types of websites. Previously, my view of youtube was that it was a site where people screened their videos for advertising, media attention or to get their musical talents noticed. My views have changed, I am very excited about what I can learn and how I can expand my talents through these sites, it’s quite amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home