Sunday, September 9, 2007

Game Addiction = Death

I had a conversation the other day with a friend about drug addicts whose children had died of neglect. Then I thought about a mother I saw on 60 minutes (or 20/20) who was actually addicted to playing videogames on the internet. She would play them for massive durations of time, neglected her kids, destroyed her social life and ruined her marriage.

So when I was looking up something to write about for this blog about 15 minutes ago, I thought it would be funny to find out if anyone had actually died from blogging. Aside from a site with the amusing name www.blogofdeath.com which wasnt exactly what I was looking for, I found out that there are people in Asia who have actually died of malnutrition because of being too involved in the (Massive Multiplayer Game) World of Warcraft. I was horrified. Game addiction is really a serious issue after all.

Then I found this article about 2 Korean parents who neglected their child and instead played World of Warcraft. Its bad enough being so screwed on drugs that you leave your kid to die, its a hell of alot worse leaving it to die because you were too busy playing videogames ffs.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59697

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home