Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Electronic Messages Act

Sure, it may seem like a good thing that this act came into force on the 5th of September but is it really going to make a difference and who is really to blame? I don't know about you but when I sign up to a new email account I NEVER sign up to receive mail from various categories and when I browse websites I NEVER sign up to receive newsletters, and guess what! I don't receive any spam, none whatsoever. All the emails I receive are ones that I want to.

What this blog is really about is that we shouldn't just be blaming "viral marketers" or whatever it is you want to call them because chances are at some point you agreed to receive the mail.

The best ways to avoid spam are to not sign up to anything (coz chances are if you are on one database you will end up on another) and when you sign up to things such as myspace and facebook don't use your everyday email. Use an email that you never use (or intend to use again).

Personally I don't think this Act will make an ounce of difference because most spam also comes from overseas and therefore is not covered under the law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home