Sunday, October 7, 2007

The current state of currency

Trading real dollars for virtual dollars. I realise it is not a new concept but i've always been intrigued by the thinking behind it. I guess it really comes down to supply and demand. If one desires something and has the means to aquire it then a transaction will be completed. BUT HARD EARNED 'REAL' CASH IN EXCHANGE FOR FAKE 'GAME' MONEY? It sounds ludacris to me, but it is opening up new doors and expanding horizons on how to earn a crust. WOW (world of warcraft) is a perfect example of the forementioned. I have heard that in asia people are employed to sit on a computer constantly roaming the same area killing the same beasts then doing the same when they re-spawn. Mindless killing all to stack 'Virtual' chips. REAL INCOMES for raising FAKE money. Characters and 'Gear' are being sold via auction sites such as trademe and ebay. People repaying REAL life debts by tributing a certain amount of gold. Anyway it beats me how it happened, I guess i will always be stunned by technoculture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home