Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Cult" is an emotive word

http://www.cults.co.nz/index.php

Yes, Ladies & Gentlemen, the Internet is a wonderful place. Now, united as one, can we hate together. Perhaps hate is too strong, perhaps we are merely informing the community.

On a satirical note, this website was nominated for "most functional design" in the 1992 New Zealand Web Awards.

My personal opinion:
FTVMS 203 : Class discussions are considered dangerous due to mind control or particularly bad doctrine.


Amen,


Lucas Cooney

2 Comments:

Blogger Technoculture and New Media said...

Huh? I like the nasty 90s graphics, by the way. But I have no idea what you mean about class discussions!

August 23, 2007 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger kooneyman said...

I took an excerpt from the website's definiton of "danger"(ous) cults and made an analogy toward class dicussions as sharing some of the same principles - "mind control" - in terms of forcibly argued opinions and "bad doctrine" - referring to the premises of some of the arguments put forward. I think it went better in my head. Ah well.

August 23, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home