Wednesday, September 12, 2007

to blog or not to blog?

over the holidays, i went to Dunedin for a weekend. when i mentioned it to my friends, alot asked "of all places, why Dunners?". i seriously did not know. it was more to get away, no phone, no nothing. (and im not going to go into the places i visited and so on, this is not a travel blog) but i brought my laptop along.

sure, it was only a weekend, and im not the type who CANNOT live without the internet. whats a few days? but, i surprised myself. not even 24 hours of arriving in the South Island and my friend driving me through the infamous Castle Street (where the majority of Undie 500 debacle happened the night before) did i have a itch to get online.

i am normally not so.. addicted. i just felt like i HAD to post up the pictures i took of the painted vans, the burnt couches and the one lonely overturned car. I also felt the compulsion to blog (on my own personal blog) and it was amazing how it became so easy for me to share information instantly. but that is the whole point of being connected through the internet.

what gobsmacked me, was the comments and replies i got the next morning (yes, i woke up early so i could check my emails, Facebook and my blog) was that everyone had something to say. It was not something i was used to. Even though the whole point of the weekend away was to get away, i wanted to be connected somehow and wireless internet provided that.

just my mindless 2 cents on being connected to WWW

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home