Monday, September 17, 2007

Games are our life too

The lecture today made me think about a few things that; honestly I just hadn’t taken into consideration. I don’t think of myself as much of an ‘intense gamer’ …or a game playing type at all really! So a lot of the games that were talked about today in the lecture I had never herd of before.
The discussion on Censorship has come up many a time in the media lately, as many are aware. I personally think that the censorship labels on games, videos/DVDs and CD’s are clearly displayed and explained, although they may not be in great detail. I feel that these have improved dramatically in the last few years, this maybe due to the bad publicity? Although I am ‘only young and naive’ I think that maybe the parents of the children should become more aware of censorship ratings, as in the end aren’t our parents the ones that protect and look out for us? The fact that a game is stamped with a R18 label should be a large indicator that your 12-year-old child is not ready to experience such a game, no matter if the child or adult thinks so. These restrictions are there for a reason and put in place by people who are perhaps more accurately informed to make such decisions. As far as animated graphic violence goes, isn’t the whole point of digital improvements on animation to make it as realistic as possible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home