Sunday, September 23, 2007

Azureus

I feel sorry for my mum and dad who are still using dial up back in Bolivia.
I just reached my 10 gigabytes cap for this month so I am stuck with dial up til the first of October. The main reason I reached my limit this month is because I've downloaded all of the episodes from Flight of the Conchords, Sicko, and a Japanese movie, Kamome Shokudo.

I was at a friend's house a couple of days ago who had recently seen Habana Blues at the Academy Cinema and was captivated by the soundtrack of the film and really wanted to buy it. But he couldn't get it anywhere, "I even tried Amazon" he said with a disjointed tone. So I made the next obvious question, why don't you just download it? But he didn't know how.

That is when I realised that perhaps many people in class don't fall under the geek category like I do and wish they learnt how to get stuff off the Internet. So here is my attempt to teach you guys.

First thing you do is, visit the Azureus website and download the software. This is pretty straight forward, just follow the wizard. Once you have the Vuze software, as they call it, all you do is go to Google and type what ever it is you would like to download and make sure you type torrent at the end of your entry. A website like this is going to show up, click on the download torrent and you will get a small file of about 54k into your computer, open that file with Azureus and it will automatically start downloading your film or music. It is so simple it upsets me.

My friend not only has the soundtrack now but he also has the movie.
A bit off the subject, please watch Indigenous affairs on Maori TV next Sunday at 9:30, they are going to broadcast a documentary on Bolivia which seems to be quite good.

See you all in class tomorrow.


1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Flaws said...

I agree. Azures is awesome. Cinema chains and video stores in New Zealand are average at best (Videon included) so downloading films is a necessity for cinephiles. Thepiratebay.org is one of my favourites. Anyone tried that online DVD rental service? Good selection? If so I'd probably still prefer to rent because downloading takes ages and you pretty much need an unlimited data account.

September 23, 2007 at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home