Sunday, August 12, 2007

A few points...

Right so back again... Over the last few days I've been contemplating all the things we've learnt in class so far (yes its taken me this long...) Anyway a few things I've seen in the media lately...

1) With all the media attention around sites such as BEBO, MySpace etc, which is of course almost always negative, I found it interesting that 'Sticky TV', Channel 3 (Kids programming for those ho weren't sure) have their own Blog for kids to go and comment or send fanmail on. So even though the news have been having all these parents that are saying there kids are falling prey to every sicko in this world, a Kids TV Show is promoting online communications?

2) If you ever get the chance to watch ABC technology news online, you will see a range of stories that relate to topics that we have been discussing in class. I would put up a link, but that is beyond my internet mental capacity. A story I saw recently commented on programmes such as Facebook and MySpace adjusting to fit specific social classes. It was discussing points on how each caters to a specific target market, I found this interesting considering both are open to any members of the public to join?!

So theres my little contribution for today! Have a good week everyone...

Lena W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home