Monday, July 23, 2007

Between Technophile and Luddite

Defining technophile and luddite, was easy in the class. But I guess we need a new term for those who fall in between, who are annoyed by the technology and love them to very bit. There is another question that arises, luddites are defined as those who fear the change in technology rather than just hating technology, I am not sure if Neo-luddism defines the hatred without any fear. I love my computers for gaming and at the same time hate them to the core when they crash, I could use a line from headlines of New York Times saying "Shakespeare Never Lost a Manuscript to a Computer Crash”. Well if it’s just not manuscripts, I bet many of you would have lost loads of pictures and videos etc.

Just to show how much one could hate technology, I am posting a video, in which it felt really good to smash my laptop with a golf club. Though it was an expensive product of modern age, it did feel nice to thrash it as it was an expensive piece of crap.



And about the discussion in the class last week regarding the choice of sending sms or calling people was a personal choice or Economies of scale, I would stick to economy of scale, because,
I just got back from India where making a call costs you only 6 cents a min and in NZ its 49 c. And about sms it costs you 20 c here, it is nearly obsolete in India with such low rates of calling. I am sure it will be the same here if the prices for calling are that cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home